MicroNIR PAT-W process spectrometer is a rugged, scalable, next-generation system for real-time process monitoring in blend homogeneity, loss on drying, compaction, content uniformity, and other process analytical technology (PAT) applications. The PAT-W has the smallest form factor in the process monitoring instrument market in a fit-for-purpose design. This makes it ideal for use with processing equipment of all sizes, with the performance and stability to enable smart and efficient manufacturing.
The easy-to-use MicroNIR PAT-W was designed for today’s demanding GMP-regulated environments yet requires minimal system maintenance. It has no moving components or expensive fiber optic cables, enabling superior instrument stability and performance in harsh process environments. Its stainless steel/brushed aluminum cabinet resists dust and water to IP67 standards and cleans easily.
- Non-destructive, non-invasive, and real-time near-infrared analysis
- User-selectable WiFi or Ethernet for system control and data communication
- User-replaceable, rechargeable Li-ion battery with over 8 hours of continuous run time
- Integrated multi-axis triggering
- Trigger options for different applications: internal orientation timer, push button, and external
- Real-time moving block standard deviation (MBSD) and %RSD analysis for end-point determinations for blending, drying, granulation, and coating processes
- Washable, IP67-rated enclosure
- Integrated PC enables fast and secure store and forward of collected spectral data
- Blend uniformity
- Fluid bed drying
- Content uniformity
- Moisture content
- Nutritional assay
- Reaction monitoring
Watch PAT-W mounted on tumble blender
The software suite allows for deployment flexibility from process/product development to manufacturing environments and features audit trails, comprehensive user management, encrypted secure data storage, and many other capabilities required for regulated GMP environments.
- The MicroNIR PAT control software enables easy data acquisition, method investigation, user management, method development, instrument performance qualification per USP 1119 criteria, and the visualization of moving block standard deviation (MBSD) trends.
- Viavi Unscrambler® X Lite regression and classification software provides a complete set of chemometric tools for calibration model development and data investigation, supporting MBSD model development with %RSD and PCA-based blending tools.
Mounting and Process Integration
The MicroNIR PAT-W has been designed with maximum flexibility in mind to meet the many different criteria for process integration. It integrates into a process with three different mounts:
This includes a modified DN90 flange, a 2” sanitary (hygienic) flange mount, a sapphire window, and a retaining ring with O-rings. The modified DN90 flange is welded into a hole cut in the lid of a blender and then the sanitary flange mount, window, and retaining ring are assembled. The PAT-W with an adjustable collet then secures against the window and a sanitary flange using a standard tri-clover clamp (or C-clamp). All pieces disassemble for easy cleaning and maintenance.
This method uses the same adjustable collet and tri-clover clamp approach, but instead of mounting against a sapphire window, a sealed window and bore seal are attached to the PAT-W and these come into direct contact with the material being measured.
When used on a rotating blender, the PAT-W features an integrated 9-axis inertial measurement unit (IMU) that contains a 3-axis gyroscope, a 3-axis magnetometer, and a 3-axis accelerometer. The IMU enables highly accurate and repeatable triggering of the PAT-W .